When the lights go dark you will want backup power.
Point Zero Energy makes a solar generator called Titan that can provide much needed power. It is worth having because it provides tons of power.
It is better for home use than a camping trip due to weighing 65 lbs with just 1 battery. It has enough power to run an RV or off-grid cabin.
- Provides 2200 wH of power
- 6 outlets
- 6 usb ports
- 2 solar panels providing 2000 watts max
- 2 AC inputs
- 1 car power plug
- Black with yellow trim, digital display
- Uses lithium-ion battery stackable, can use up to 6
- 3000 watt sine wave inverter
- Peak power output 6k watts
- 92% efficient
- Can power a fridge or TV for 30 hours
It is kind of expensive. The price is about $3000 and it comes with 1 battery. Extra batteries are $1400 each.
Expected life is 10 years.
Note: The batteries weigh 35 lbs each, so with 2 batteries it is 100 lbs. It is considered portable.
It is kinda noisy with the built in cooling fans running.
MPPT charge controller for 2 solar inputs.
- battery voltage 29v, 74ah capacity
- max charge current 40A
- max discharge current 100A
- output 120v pure sine wave
- no load power use 10 watts
- MPPT input 30A per port
- AC charging 600 watts per
- car port 150 watts
- 1 30 amp RV outlet
- Size: 18x12x12 inches
More info on Zero Point Energy https://www.pointzeroenergy.com/product/titan-solar-generator/